FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuwait
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:45 pm
theagle

I have stayed at both of the Marriotts in Kuwait, and was actually staying in the Courtyard for the offical grand opening before switching to the JW during that stay.

It has been about a year since I last stayed at one of them, but here is what I remember.

Both of them used to have a free shuttle service from the airport, once you leave customs the desk is located on the right side in the airport. They use the same desk and the driver will take you to which ever hotel you need to go. Looking at the web site I see it says neither of them do offer the shuttle service any longer, but I seem to recall one of my co-workers mentioning they still had it about two months ago.

As for the JW, I have always been upgraded to the executive floor as a platinum, and from what I remember I was also upgraded as a Gold when I stayed there. The executive floor offers breakfast in the morning and a light meal at night, with drinks being available all day. You could also go down to the main restaurant and have the breakfast buffet there and they would just ask for your room number and not charge you. The executive level rooms were very nice, but no different than the normal rooms. There is a fitness center/pool located on the top floor. When I was last there, they charged for the high speed internet so we used the free dial-up that they offered. The building is attached to a mall with a couple places to eat in the mall and hotel, and there is another shopping place across the street from the hotel.

As for the Courtyard, the last time I was there I was upgraded to a junior suite, once again I was platinum, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The first time I was there during the opening, I was in a normal room which was more than adequate. They have a buffet breakfast that is offered in the lounge area in the center of the atrium. It is a very modern hotel and when it was built it was supposedly the tallest building in Kuwait at that time. It is also connected to a smaller shopping plaza with restaurants and whatnot in it. There are also places to eat in the hotel.

Overall, we usually choose to stay at the JW, mainly because the people in the executive lounge remember us from stay to stay and because the lounge is open 24/7.