FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with Bucharest, Romania
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:25 am
florin

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That's great information on the Turkish restaurant. I love Turkish food. We are happy to take a taxi though even with a taxi would prefer restaurants within 15 minutes or so of the hotel. We've come from Italy, so aren't particularly interested in Italian - nor are we interested in really heavy cuisines. Food quality is of most importance to us. We'll eat in a dive if it has good food. I also love eating outside, and the weather is perfect for it.

What do you think about Balthazar? Every single article I have on Bucharest recommends it. Justifiably so?
I HATE Balthazar!!! It's an expensive upscale fusion place that just can't get it right, in many respects. The service is sub-par and the food sounds good when you read the menu but it really isn't when you taste it. I would avoid that at all costs. Try Arcade instead - a lovely restaurant with a nice terrace. A bit pricey (although cheaper than Balthazar), but excellent food and pleasant atmosphere.

If you like Turkish food you might also like :
- El Greco (good Greek food)
- El Bacha (Lebanese); I've only been to the one inside the JW Marriott but this guy I work with told me he went to another one in Herastrau Park, which I assume also has outside seating

You can also try the Serb's Tavern (Serbian food, of course). I found the food there to be good and you can sit outside.