FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands, Left SPG 1 Apr 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:57 pm
deaddog

Can you give me an idea of how much the "super expensive" laundry actually cost at the Pulitzer? My trip is very similar to yours (day in AMS, couple in MUC, and a couple more in AMS) and I'm thinking of packing light and doing laundry.
Thanks

Originally Posted by ryan182
I just finished two stays at the Pulitzer, one for 5 days (paid) and then a 1 day (award) stay. I was in AMS for work and decided to take a long weekend in EU after work was finished so I went to MUC for two days then back to AMS for 1 night, thus the two separate stays.

My overall impression of this hotel is^^^, I really liked it, the service was great and the location is excellent! I also think the whole concept of the hotel where each room is different is kind of neat, just walking though the hallways and checking out some of the small spiral staircases is cool. No worries on bringing the luggage to the room as the bell staff did that (I would NOT want to work as a bellman here!)

Armed with some of the posts in this thread I had a list of rooms to request at checkin, it seemed 423 had good reviews and I had a couple others but alas all were taken, I figured scoring one of those super rooms for 5 days would be a tough go, I ended up in 422 which was an executive room. It was decent size, had 2 desks, TV, closet etc. The marble floors in the bath are heated but the bed was GREAT! I notice we prattle on here about just about every part of a hotel except the bed, well their beds are one of the best hotel beds I've been in, big ^^^ on the bed. I also didn't hear any street noise in the room, which I had read (and later experienced) some room do have.

My second stay I got 303, which was a nice room as well though it did have some street noise, I'd not suggest this room for that reason, its also pretty much directly above the entrance.

I got my Plat amenities for both stays w/o asking, took the 500 points on one and a bottle of red wine on the other, the wine was delivered minutes after I got to my room.

I used their laundry "express" service which had my cloths back in under 2 hours, it was super expensive and usually I go find a laundry but the weather outside was too nice to sit in a laundry and I wanted to take the bottle of wine out to Vondelpark and relax

I will defiantly stay here again when in AMS.