FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Palace Hotel, Moscow, Russian Federation [Master Thread]
Old Jun 10, 2008, 2:05 pm
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ismann
$250/night? How'd you find such a low rate? The cheapest I see for my 4-night stay in late April is 15,000 rubles, or about $625, which I thought was pretty normal for "nice" hotels in Moscow.
Sheraton Palace Moscow was available at an Internet Special rate for my Friday evening stay back in late May. I also suspect that your rate is/was higher because (at least) a portion of it falls during weekdays, rather than entirely on a weekend.

As for upgrades, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite, which was nice enough. However, the place looked like it was last furnished/updated in about 1989. Will post a link to the pics from the room once I get them uploaded onto Flickr.