FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Flyer Lifetime Status
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2003, 12:49 pm
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gerryallen:

1) I'm assuming we are not talking amassing 1 mil miles in one year, although from what I have read here, that's not out of the realm of possibility for some people on this site. So, it is the basis of total miles accumulated over some time period, correct?</font>

These are lifetime miles. That is, total miles earned in the program. With UA and DL, that's flown miles. (And I do know specifically, it's flown miles on UA metal and not partner metal.) With AA it's total miles from all sources.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">2) That being said, do I have to allow the miles to sit there until I hit 1,000,000 and then I get the lifetime status?</font>
It's not mileage balance. It's total miles earned, independent of how many you have at any one time in your account.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">3) If I have to let the miles sit there, and I eventually get to the 1 mil mark, do I then have to "maintain the balance" to keep the benefit? Example, I hit 1,000,000 and get the card. Can I take that free around the world flight now(assuming the availability of seats) and not lose my status?</font>
See #2 above.

You can go ahead and redeem all your miles, have a zero balance, and still earn lifetime status...