FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Power Up Promotion Summer 2008
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2008, 10:58 am
ssullivan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by iztok
So if one has two night stay it would be better to split to take advantage? Or will second night count as a second stay?
The second night counts as a different stay if you check out and go to a different Marriott hotel. It can be a different Marriott in the same city, but it can't be the same hotel. Consecutive nights at the same hotel count as a single stay, even if you check out and check back in each day. But if you switch hotels, it's different stays.

I only have two trips on my schedule during the promotion period where I could easily take advantage of it. Both are for 3-4 nights. So I'm planning on hopping around between a FS Marriott, Courtyard, and SpringHill that are all very close to each other. It's a bit of a hassle, but for 20,000 points, I'll do it. And I might even be able to get another week during that period where I'm staying with Marriott and get the max of 30,000 points on my promo.