FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)
Old Jun 8, 2008, 3:41 pm
mattorb

Programs: UA
Wow, great summary. I agree with just about everything you said -- there are lots of things to love about this seat. The sense of privacy when you're in lie-flat mode really struck me as well -- and likewise, when I wanted to read "in bed," it was great to be able to tilt just the back portion of the seat up a bit and watch the clouds float by. Such a huge improvement.

The only thing that struck me as a weird omission was the lack of any real storage pocket for your personal effects. When I board, I usually have a book, noise-cancelling headphones, and a bottle of water in hand -- in the new C, it was awkward to find space around me for those things. I also noticed the narrowness of the seat, but for whatever reason that didn't really bother me.

By the way, a side note -- I happened to fly Virgin America (in F) for the first time just a few days after flying on the new C, and it seemed to me that the remote for the IFE was _exactly_ the same on the two. Anecdotally, the VX IFE offering seemed to have more movie/TV selections, but I actually found the on-screen interface more annoying than the UA one -- ymmv.

Again, nice review.