FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, Italy, CLOSED for renovation Aug '18[Master Thread]
Old Jun 7, 2008, 3:48 am
Rom Sac

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We, too, will be dropping off our Hertz car on arrival in Venice. So the Piazzale Roma is a closer drop than the airport or Mestre?

How much is a water taxi from there to the hotel? Folks have reported that it is 100 euros from the airport for the taxi. We are on a lengthy trip, and have bulkier luggage than normal, so suspect that a water taxi is the way to go.
Yes, Piazzale Roma is much closer to the hotel. Neither Mestre nor the airport are on Venice proper.

Water taxis are always very pricey. I don't know exactly how much for your route, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to the fee from the airport. I remember paying 60 euros for a very short water taxi ride a few years ago.

Incidentally, the hotel is very nice, but be sure that you take any gift they give you and hide it. They gave us a bottle of wine which we did not drink, and the next day they removed it. Too bad, I was planning to give it to a friend.