FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie with some questions - LHR and MXP
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:04 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Fontaine
In January I bought a coach ticket and used miles and cash to upgrade to business from JFK to LHR to HAM (HAM segment is on BA).
<snip>
1. I have a three plus hour layover in LHR where I would like to use the AA lounge at LHR. Should I not change terminals to BA upon arrival and instead hunt out the AA lounge where I land and hope that they let me in there? I don't think that I am in business class on the BA segment.
Welcome to FT!

To expand a bit upon bdemaria's response, whenever your longhaul international segment is in Business class (J), you have what's called Class-of-service-based access to ANY oneWorld Business Class lounge, as long as your next flight is on a oneWorld carrier.

Check out the oneWorld access page and scroll down to the bottom for Lounge Access by Class of Travel:

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...nes-aadvantage

BA's LHR-HAM flights depart out of T5, so you'll have access to the BA lounge there - just present your Intl J boarding pass and your connecting boarding pass on BA and tell them you are connecting from Intl Business Class. You might print a copy of the Lounge Access rules to bring with you just in case you get any resistance from the BA desk agent.