FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Le Meridien Budapest, Hungary : Left SPG 1 Sep 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:16 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by chanp
any more recent stays, comments, etc? thinking about staying here for a few nights in june
Just finished a weeks stay, as a Plat was Upgraded even before I got there to a very nice Suite, the stay was on pts.

The only Cons I can think of are 1 the swimming pool is small but being indoors and on the 8th floor its better then nothing

2- no Lounge

there is a sort of super mini mkt across the street. Leave the hotel go right, it will be diagonally across and 1 block in. Best way to get across is by going down the subway and crossing the road down there. Its called Match and is on the corner. I believe the entrance was on Kirby Uta

Otherwise everything in the above posts still holds.

BTW if youre a Plat the local gift is The Eyewitness Guide to Budapest, I passed and took the pts.

The most luxurious Hotel it is not , Id say that goes to The 4 Seasons, which is at the foot of The Chain Bridge.

We walked everywhere , including the City Park which was 25-30 mins , by walking you get to see the Mansions on both sides, alot are Embassys today.

Last Tues it was over 90 degrees