FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are the lap-child oxygen masks?
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2008, 2:17 pm
dcpatti

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Where are the lap-child oxygen masks?

Just wondering if there was a list somewhere of which aircraft have the lap-child oxygen masks and life vests in which rows? After a couple of really unpleasant lap child experiences recently (including one in first whose mother thought it was "cute" when Junior grabbed at her coffee and spilled it all over me), I would really like to steer clear of little ones whenever possible. I am not trying to start another children-in-first thread (although I will rant about it gladly) and I know it's often the parents who are the problem for not supervising the kids, etc. Just trying to keep their world and mine separate if I can

So I know on the ERJ 170/175 that Republic flies for USAirways Express, the "extra" oxygen mask and life vest is found in even-numbered rows only, and I can book odd-numbered rows to decrease my chance of being seated next to a lap child. I know none of this matters if they don't enforce it but on some recent flights, they've been pretty aggressive about making sure the little ones are seated where the right safety equipment is. Anyway every little bit helps...

So anyone know where the exta oxygen masks and life vests are stationed on other aircraft types?

Apologies if the thread already exists--- it didn't turn up in my search

Thanks much!!!