FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your M&M award booking experience
Old May 28, 2008, 3:49 pm
whiskey_sk

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Which route/airline did you book and which class?

BTS-MUC-ICN(lh)-KIX(oz)-AKL/WLG-SYD(nz)/SYD-ICN(oz)-MUC-BTS(lh) all in C

How many pax and how many award miles?

2 X 160 000

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?

8 months

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?

Yes, was flexible enough to take vacation according to availability within the month in question

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?

Checked via ANA tool, and made the reservation using the local BTS LH office telling the agent the exact flight numbers and dates to book, snatching the last O seats for MUC-ICN and KIX-AKL. Was told the booking would hold for 7 days. Next day called US SEN hotline to have it ticketed. 6 days later no charge on CC, no etix number shown in the booking. PMed LHrelate who confirmed my worst fears, telling me some of the segments were to expire the day before, she made a note in the booking to issue ASAP and advised me to call the SEN hotline ASAP. Called the US SEN hotline immediately, the agent confirmed tix not issued yet, re-sent to ticketing and made a note for her manager to verify and make sure it gets ticketed. Next morning etix numbers showed in the booking ^
Jolly good job by the US SEN hotline agent when I called the second time and big thanks to LHrelate!