FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early Flight Departure?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2008, 5:43 pm
kluau88

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by JoeTravel
Has anybody ever had a United or United Express connecting flight depart early? I was flying ORD-SAT-DEN-COS on Sunday with three hours in Denver so I could actually see people for dinner. The ORD-SAT flight arrived at 4:44 P.M. The SAT-DEN flight departed at 4:47 P.M. which was :08 minutes early. Waiting for the carryon bags and an agent to appear caused me to miss the connection and ensuing dinner. UA had to send me over to AA. This cost them more money than I think they wanted to spend. The agent never checked that somebody was actually connecting. I never saw my friends for dinner.

I contacted PW (Customer Relations) today, and they are taking care of getting the miles credited, etc..... I was floored that a trip could go early without a passenger, especially a 1K.
A few years ago 4 1K's were stranded in HKG as our connecting flight left to SIN about 5 minutes before the scheduled departure. Our flight from SFO was late arriving into HKG. The four of us were put on CX in Business the next morning. We actually saw the plane pushing back as we were pulling into the gate at HKG.

On another note I have noticed they leave early in SIN and NRT too between 10-15 minutes!

Last edited by kluau88; May 27, 2008 at 5:54 pm