FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Completed: Motion Failed - Flyertalk Ambassador Proposal
Old May 26, 2008, 4:17 pm
B747-437B

As a moderator, I am actually quite taken aback by the negative attitudes that so many of my fellow mods are adopting.

What exactly is so wrong with what Punki is proposing? Even if what many here seem to fear (the creation of a parallel "Ambassador" cadre to rival the "Moderator" group) is true, would not the fact that this cadre would be ELECTED by their peers give them more moral authority?

I have long been a supporter of moderators being elected either directly or indirectly by the userbase. This would be an ideal step to groom a cadre of users who are respected by their peers among the userbase and who would, in due course, be able to take over many of the duties of the unelected moderators, including disciplinary actions, etc...

^^ to Punki and lucky9876coins for proposing this. Kudos. They have demonstrated why they are universally acclaimed as FTers par excellance and are true representatives of the userbase on the Talkboard.