FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very rude SFO RCC agent re: mileage runs
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 8:07 pm
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Exclamation Scooore!!!

@:-)
No. No. No. This is a very good thing. You just paid, like a sacrificial lamb, or almost with a sacrifice fly, on behalf of all of us. And it's leveraged even further because it's you, because of your status in FlyerTalk and your leadership. People will pay attention. Thank you.

You opened a window. The agent gave you/us a window into the actual reason for the elimination of the 500-mile minimum -- an answer we won't get from the semi-non-official participants or surrogates here. It's to weed out what (not only) we do. (I would add again, that this can't give the UXs a warm fuzzy feeling, considering the implications beyond us miscreants.)

Net-net: What you endured was more than worth it in the scheme of things. Sorry you had to, but a huge THANK YOU! (An ex-girlfriend would have called this a "moment of grace".)
^^^

[Oops, one more thing: Not to distract from my point, but I assume your "experiment" was over by this time? I haven't been following it closely. I guess the premise was that he recognized you and you were inside the RCC.]

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 24, 2008 at 10:19 pm Reason: remove initials