FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Exctinction of International Upgrades and the Associated Impact On Delta
Old May 22, 2008, 12:30 am
DeltaFlyingProf

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by DLPhoenix
1) I am very happy to learn that some of you had better luck than I had. I hope to have a similar experience in the future.
2) Am I the only one to be in a situation where Z class was not available when you made the resrvation, you elected to buy Q (or L,U, or T) for $500 less, and the flight departed with an empty seat in BE (i.e. $500 in lost revenue for Delta and a big disapointment fo yurself)?

DLP
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
It happens all the time. But most people buy the upgradeable fare and are put on the Waitlist and never clear. While BE flies out with an empty seat or non-revs take the seat instead. That's even worse as it only serves to anger the PM flyer.
DLPhoenix, I am all with you on this one. But even if there was inventory, I've said it many times before, it is cheaper for me to get an award in F on a *A carrier!!

DL: You can pay $2400 for a chance of upgrade to B/E. Your chances are 1/10,000

*A: You can have today a guaranteed F seat for 100,000 miles (which I value at $2000)...

Me: Hmmmmm hard choice, hard choice.... Which one do I do? LOL No doubt I am not going for DL!!!! Bye bye DL! I have not flown a single paid DL ticket TATL in 4 years.....

But I guess, some people are sufficiently unconscious to go for choice 1 and DL is stupid enough to guarantee they will be furious later....