FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 1:43 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by wsucougarchick05
Welcome back!

And dial up sucks. When our second phone line bit the dust (hardcore bit the dust...the phone company was like, "Uhh, yeah. No. We're not fixing it unless you want to pay in the hundreds."), we upgraded to DSL with wireless.
Thanks-

And a belated congrads on your recent FT fame... I at least saw that in my email when I downloaded that a while ago!

Originally Posted by jackal
I guess that's what you get for living in Eagle River...do you even have electricity up at your place?

Funny...I have better internet in Moab, UT than you do at home. Not looking forward to going back home and having to go back to work (vacations are always more fun), but I am looking forward to sampling some Cheerwine! At least I only have to be home for four days before going to CA for Memorial Day Weekend...

...Oh, and no one answered my question about Amtrak Cascades! I know you're out there...c'mon...maybe these super-duper AS MVPG-soon-to-be-MVPP flyers just don't want to admit to using it...
It is really getting old w/ no internet - living at the library and now outside a friends house (listening to a jet fly overhead) leeching off their wireless...

The Cheerwine is good, abit disappearing... my dad found my diet Cheerwine stash... but will have a little left to sample at least.

As for the Cascades... I'd prefer QX anyday... my recent AMTRAK adventure wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be... granted it was regional service stopping every few states, but still... noisier then an airplane, even with QC2's...

And the AS burger is better then AMTRAK's!