FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread
Old May 18, 2008, 4:47 pm
vasantn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by bryice
I just want to get everyone's opinion as to the value they get out of ExpertFlyer and the main reasons they use it. I see more than a few people rave about it, get the general concept of it, but not sure how it 'works' ikn my world.

I have gone through their flash-demo, read posts on here, but never really saw a thread that has users list what it i they use the most and am really interested in that.

I am based in Atlanta, scheduled to hit platinum when the double mqm bonus hits, do a lot of transcon, rarely get to book flights more than 7 days in advance, take almost exclusively direct flights, and rarely if ever at my computer.

My questions are as follows:
- does it help me choose which flight of the day to take in order to maximize my chance of upgrade
- will it quickly help me choose the best fare class? I can't stand having to keep starting over on dl.com and see what fare costs what
- how effective is the mobile site?
- anything else that you see as value?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. This site has helped immensely, even though it has become close to an addiction.
As an AA flyer, I find EF invaluable. I don't believe it's quite as useful for DL flyers, as it doesn't show DL award buckets. However, it does have a wealth of information about fares, rules and routings, which I find very helpful. The premium edition also lets you save queries, which is a huge timesaver. Plus, at $8 a month, how can you go wrong?

And yes, FT is quite addictive. Welcome!