FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread
Old May 18, 2008, 4:35 pm
bryice

Programs: Delta-Platinum; Marriott-Platinum; PC - Gold
ExpertFlyer Premium - thoughts and value?

I just want to get everyone's opinion as to the value they get out of ExpertFlyer and the main reasons they use it. I see more than a few people rave about it, get the general concept of it, but not sure how it 'works' ikn my world.

I have gone through their flash-demo, read posts on here, but never really saw a thread that has users list what it i they use the most and am really interested in that.

I am based in Atlanta, scheduled to hit platinum when the double mqm bonus hits, do a lot of transcon, rarely get to book flights more than 7 days in advance, take almost exclusively direct flights, and rarely if ever at my computer.

My questions are as follows:
- does it help me choose which flight of the day to take in order to maximize my chance of upgrade
- will it quickly help me choose the best fare class? I can't stand having to keep starting over on dl.com and see what fare costs what
- how effective is the mobile site?
- anything else that you see as value?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. This site has helped immensely, even though it has become close to an addiction.