FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Borneo Again
Thread: Borneo Again
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2008, 7:31 pm
opushomes

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
So far, pretty good

Greetings from the Westin Chosun Pusan, Korea executive floor. This hotel as not nearly as welcoming as those in SE Asia. Before I got in the front door, the bellman announced that check-in was 2 p.m. and since it was before noon my arrival was unacceptable. Having explained that there was no control over Korean Airline's schedule from ICN-PUS, the desk clerk mentioned the same fact in a somewhat more amenable fashion. Being resilient, a 40 minute wait ensued, he brought the Herald Tribune and a bottle of cold water since it was 68 degrees F outside and proceded to assign a room directly opposite the elevators, facing the sea, and amidst a scrum of recently released mental patients from a Korean insane asylum. A 2 a.m. call to "Charley" the duty manager resulted in a request from him to join me in my room to check out the believability of my tale of the complete lack of sound-proofing in this "super deluxe" Pusan hotel-so states the tourist brochure.

Thus this morning resulted in a transfer to the "executive floor" which even has a sign reading "Starwood Preferred Guest" and Aveda amenities. Wow!!!

And I do not need a map of Sarawak to find my way home.