FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations For Middle of the Night Activities?
Old May 14, 2008, 1:18 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Recommendations For Middle of the Night Activities?

I'm planning a mileage run to NYC, and am considering what to do there overnight without getting a hotel room. I'll be there on a Wednesday night (which is giving me the biggest trouble) and a Saturday night.

I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm not looking to go to bars without some other activity (preferably late night, live music), and I would appreciate suggestions. I'll be arriving at 8 pm and leaving around 7 am the next morning. I'm considering the following:

Wednesday
Arrive at 8 pm
Katz's around 9:30 pm
Birdland after that until about 12:30 am
someplace late night (looking for suggestions for late night live music, comedy or other show) until about 3 am
Run for bagels somewhere (H&H is open 24 hours) and catch the A train back to JFK around 4 am, arriving around 5 am
Shower and rest at the Admirals Club and get on the plane, sleeping all the way home.

Saturday
Arrive at 8 pm
Greenwich Village Clubs (Cafe Wha? Blue Note, Village Undergrond) until about 2 am
Katz's around 2 am
Someplace from 3 to 4 am? (suggestions wanted)
Figure some way to LGA from 4 to 5 am
Shower and rest at the Admirals Club and get on the plane, sleeping all the way home.

I'm very open to suggestions, though I really like Katz's, as you see, so I am planning on going there on both runs.