FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2008, 6:10 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I just saw some pictures of the interior of the St Regis Singapore taken by a fellower FTer, posted on another forum.

Boy are the furnishings UGLY!

Ornate is one thing. But its downright ugly. I mean, look at the carpet. No, on second hand, don't look at the carpet if you don't want an epileptic fit!

And why does everything clash with each other? The colours, the 'vinyl' looking chair that isn't colour coordinated with the table for instance.

I mean, if you want to do it ornate, then do it with style and not try to cut corners by mismatching furniture. Everything looks thrown together. Where did they get the furnishings made? It looked like they were trying to copy 'european' style but its just all wrong. The bathroom is nice - on its own. The bathtub with its 'wooden' sides is nice .. in a modern zen style bathroom. Instead, the St Regis should have found a bathtub on legs.. you know the ones that stand out on its own? But once you put it into perspective with the rest of the suite, the bathroom sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.

Look at the grand European hotels. They are ornate but yet they scream 'style'. Ok so Singapore wants it grand too. But couldn't they have even picked up a copy of "House and Garden" and chosen some interior furnishings better.

I am seriously thinking of NOT staying at this hotel now that I have seen what awful interiors they have. Maybe I'll go back to the Grand Hyatt.