FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit-Card-Question
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2008, 3:18 pm
chumbawumba

Programs: LH
Wink Nice good input

Thank you guys for all that input.

Originally Posted by cltucci
Despite their advertising claims, they basically always give you a credit limit of 4000
Just as a site note: With the Amex, I currently have half of this sum. And Amex would like to have it higher.
Originally Posted by cltucci
I find this strange as the card appears to be managed by the same company [AECS?] that does the SWISS cards.
Yes, that is a fact.
Originally Posted by Tomasz
Actually I'm as well very satified with Corner Card gold...they are freee for SEN and HON...
After I printed out the form, I now found the wording. The initial fee is waived and SEN/HON do not need to pay the anual fee as long they keep the status. FTL get an discount of CHF 80.
Originally Posted by Tomasz
comission for foreign currency transactions with Corner Card are 0.7%, "SWISS" cards charges you 2.5%
SWISS and COOP card both have this high commission - another point agains those cards.
Originally Posted by airoli
All the Cornerbank cards, as well as all the Swisscard AECS cards, are now free of charge for SEN and HON members. I like the Cornercard Gold and switched to that from the former Cornercard basic. To my surprise, I was credited the welcome bonus again despite not being a "new" customer.
Good to know ... But you loose some of the insurance with the gold card ...
Originally Posted by Key8
The corner cards give you online access to your account which might be useful.
That is a valid point. From time to time, I like seeing my current status and what's up with the account. With Amex, I can not do that.
Coop Card: Be careful. It seems the send you a bill in the middle of the the month and you have a very short time period to pay for it.
You can change this. A collegue of mine requested the change and it worked. But he had hassel afterwards. They charged him interest because the banking application handled it the wrong way and assumed, that he did not pay his last bill in time. They fixed it later.
AND: - it is not possible ot have it debited to a bank account automatically.
I prefer paying myself. If my account gets debited, my bank sends me a letter and I have to pay the porto.
To put it in short: if you travel a lot: Cornercard is your best bet.
All other cards charge to much commission outside Switzerland and the Coop Card is only useful is you are really not travelling
It looks like I will do as you recommend.^