FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 9:14 pm
snufl

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
After 12 days away I am swamped with work so it may be a couple of weeks before I give a full review of our stays at 3 Starwood hotels.

However, I thought I should take a few minutes to give this brief information about the St Regis for anyone concerned about the negative reviews on Trip Advisor.

My treatment as a Plat was way and above my expectations. We were upgraded to an Executive Suite for the 4 nights.

The Room: A description and photo of this room can be found on the Starwood website, but it really doesn't do it justice. Later I will rave on about the quality, details and amenities. For now all I will say is it is pure class. The drains in the bathroom were covered and there was no smell (something mentioned on TA).

Extras: Because of the suite upgrade we were also offered complimentary full breakfast and use of other facilities including the sauna and steam rooms.

The Staff: I was a little overwhelmed walking in, there are so many staff it feels like a guard of honour. However there is nothing "snooty" in the attitude here. I would describe them as warm, gracious and friendly.

The Butlers: Except for one tiny glitch on our first night, we had none of the problems reported by others, they were wonderful.

Our impressions: I am so glad we spent more than one night here. It was only with time that we fully appreciated the attention to detail, it really grows on you. We wanted to "experience" this hotel and it certainly was an experience. Do I really need a Butler? No. Do I need someone to open the door and warmly welcome me back every time I re-enter the hotel? No.
But we quickly got accustomed to it

Starwood Lurker II, please pass on my initial comments. I will report all the details as soon as I can.