FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Former CEO Bob Ayling condems 3rd runway
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2008, 8:31 pm
flygirl68

This is interesting to read. I thought everyone would be pro the 3rd runway.
I myself am completely against a 3rd runway, purely for personal reasons as I live in the village of Sipson which will wiped off the map. Literally, it will be gone if a 3rd runway is built. I think the only parties who will benefit will be BAA and the airlines. They want everyone who works at Heathrow to think their job is at risk if a 3rd runway doesn't happen. Well Amsterdam and Paris have had their "extra" runways for a while now and LHR isn't exactly a ghost town. If these companies wanted to benefit the public/passenger, there would be less shops, more security gates, all aircraft would arrive on stands, (there should be no buses on arrival in 2008!!), wheelchair passengers wouldn't have to wait nearly an hour for their wheelchairs so they can get off the aircraft.

We're talking about the demolition of 700 ( so BAA say, could be well over 1000) homes, could be 2500 residents needing to find somewhere else to live, all for a few companies to make money.

Half of Harlington, gone.Half of Harmondsworth, gone.Longford, pretty much surrounded by LHR... Forgive me for sounding angry, but they are scaring people into backing it. I think in an ideal world LHR should be razed to the ground and started again..

Best wishes to all....