FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier changing into your standard airline
Old May 5, 2008, 11:35 am
Cohall

Frontier changing into your standard airline

First, I'll start by saying I really like Frontier, and fly them almost exclusively. I've been summit/ascent with them for several years.

Flew from LA on May 1st, and noticed some additional changes, that show me they are having to morph themselves into a standard airline...Nothing major, but thought i would share.

#1, They have raised the price of their DirectTV service by $1 (well, 99 cents actually), so it's now $5.99 if you aren't ascent or summit

#2, No more free snacks. They are now selling 'gourmet' snack options on longer flights...for $5 each. On my most recent flight, it was some trail mix, some gourmet potato chips, and a couple of other items. no food at all (even pretzels) was offered free of charge

#3, Customer service has seriously started declining. This is a subjective thing, but folks just seem generally less happy to be working for frontier than in the past, and it shows. Maybe just been my luck, but the past few flights CS has taken a noticable decline. Maybe has to do with the fear associated with bankruptcy filing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. F9 will still be my preferred airline, it's just sad to see some of the changes they've had to make in order to survive the current airline economy.