FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Place your request finding a LNF rate
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2008, 12:00 pm
PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
I have an upcoming trip to the Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort. Right now I have booked a room using points, but I'm considering paying for the stay and saving my points for future RC stays.

My dates are June 4-8 and I have Courtyard view room booked for 95,000 points plus $25 per night upgrade payment.

The normal rates at Marriott.com are as follows:
$251 - Leisure Rate, Deluxe Room, 1 king or 2 double beds *
$276 - Leisure Rate, Courtyard View, 1 king or 2 double beds
$401 - Leisure Rate, Ocean Front room, 1 king or 2 double beds
All rates exclude 10% tax and 10% service charge.

M11/M12 codes proivde lower Marriott Rewards member rates that are less expensive and include breakfast:
$207 - Deluxe Room, 1 king or 2 double beds *
$226 - Courtyard View, 1 king or 2 double beds
$320 - Ocean Front room, 1 king or 2 double beds

But I understand that these are no good for LNF guarantee claims.

I'm looking for the lowest possible rate for the best possible room, preferably somewhere under about $170 for at least a Courtyard View, preferably including breakfast.

Thanks in advance.

PS to imverge: I suggest that you edit your OP in this thread (and your OP in the Post Rate Guarantee Success thread) to include the change of strategy information (to not post name of any comparison websites, etc.). New folks to these threads (like me) are likely to not see this new information buried in the middle of the thread, but would likely see it in the OP. I had read about half of this thread and the success thread, and will hopefully soon be posting in the success thread, but hadn't seen the updates until GlennTheBaker linked one to me in a PM regarding the LNF request that I sent in today.

Last edited by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA; May 2, 2008 at 12:55 pm Reason: typo