FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of the proposed AA alliance with CO?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:47 am
bb-miler

Programs: AA-EXP (2.6mm), UA-1P, SQ-PPS, EK-Silver, LH-FTL, SPG-Platinum, HH-Gold
I got it, I got it!

Ok - check this out - both AA and CO hate their regional subsidiaries (yes yes - let's not scuffle about the details about the exact corporate structures - since technically Chautauqua and Express Jet operate CO Express - and - yes - hate might be too big-a-word here - but bear with me...)

SO - what if we merged American Eagle and Continental Express - and turned them into feeder flights for BOTH CO and AA??? In other words - let's make it an ExpressEagle flight!?

If AMR is trying to sell off Eagle anyway - why not combine with CO Express carved out of CO - and then - by targeting (and interlining with) both AA and CO - you get excellent coverage across the US - with great cost savings and more frequencies!

Of course - the new "mini-airline" would have to be called one of four things:

(1) AmCo
(2) Americon
(3) ConAmerica
(4) EagleExpress

I personally would like to see ConAmerica take off sometime soon (and - no - I am not only referring to our current President - but he should be taking off sometime soon too)!!!

... now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Last edited by bb-miler; Apr 29, 2008 at 2:52 am