FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines In Talks With Continental
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:20 am
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MBM3
I agree with you on this one, but enjoy the thought of a potentially new European hub at someplace like BRU and helping build up Brussels Airlines for intra-european travel.
I totally forgot about BRU. I wonder if CO might consider a Codeshare agreement with Jet Airways as well, as they intend to build up a presence in BRU. That would definitely be ^.

Also, if this proposed alliance goes through, the long-rumored IAH-MAD is certain to become one of the first new IAH routes once enough spare widebody exists. I doubt CO will drop IAH-CDG/AMS, as there's simply loads of oil traffic on those routes as-is.

Also, perhaps IAH-SCL nonstop will finally be in the cards, to hook into LA's network (though they have fairly extensive service ex-LIM and EZE already). Here's to IAH-SCL-IPC redemptions with CO mileage