FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Apr 25, 2008, 12:08 am
nbevan

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by RChavez
I'm in the process of trying to figure out how much time to allot in my connection from T3 -> T5. I think I'll be arriving in LHR at 655A trying to make the 840A BA flight to AMS.

AA EXP desk said that wasn't a legal connection, but is this still viable if I carry on? I can either use FCC, IRIS or Fast Track.

Any advice?
It seems that 120 minutes is to allow for contingencies, with a 90 minute MCT planned from 26 October.
Originally Posted by brettyokom
Minimum connecting times (MCTs) for passengers transferring between flights by oneworld member airlines at London Heathrow will change as a result of the terminal moves.

Currently, the standard MCT for passengers connecting between flights by different airlines at the airport is 90 minutes.

MCTs will be reduced to 60 minutes for passengers connecting between:

British Airways flights both arriving at and departing from Terminal 5.
Flights by any oneworld member airline both arriving at and departing from Terminal 3.
Transfers wholly within Terminal 3 will be eased by oneworld airlines there sharing or using adjacent facilities, such as check-in desks, gates and lounges.

MCTs involving connections between Terminal 5 and all the airport's other four terminals will be extended to 120 minutes for the new facility's first full flying season, with the additional time designed to deliver a robust service while customers and employees become familiar with the new building and transfer processes.

From the beginning of next winter's flying programme (26 October 2008), MCTs between Terminal 5 and Terminal 3, where the other oneworld airlines and the rest of BA's operations will consolidate, will be reduced to 90 minutes. The 90-minute MCT will also apply to connections between Terminal 5 and both Terminals 1 and 2, while connections between Terminal 5 and Terminal 4 will be reduced to 110 minutes.

Once the underground automated baggage system is implemented between Terminals 3 and 5 in 2011, MCTs between Terminals 5 and 3 will be further reduced.