FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will T-Mobile HotSpot@Home/UMA work in other countries?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:21 am
dtsm

Yes for old users, probably no for new users?

Originally Posted by meerkat9090
Short answer: probably, although there have been some reports of individual hotels not working. Possibly the required ports were blocked or hotels had routers that didn't allow Ipsec tunnels.

here's a good forum on Hotspot@Home here.

and a "reports from Asia" thread about using Hotspot @ Home overseas here.
I just spent the better part of hour with TMO CS discussing purchase of BB (special promo being offered for Blackberries.) and this topic.

First, the promo information which I got from howardforums.com is still valid:
There's a promotion targeting Blackberry Developers, so I think you need the correct code. Here's what you can get:

BB 8100 (PEARL) $50 = FREE after rebate
BB 8700 $50 = FREE after rebate
BB 8320 (CURVE)$99 = $49 after rebate - need to get $9.99 data plan.
BB 8800 = $99
BB 8820 = $199 - no need to get data plan

You have to call T-Mobile's Business Direct number and mention either the "campaign name'"or the "promo code" below:

Business Direct: 1-866-464-8662 (option 3)
Campaign Name: RIM Blackberry Offer
Promo Code: 7490TMOFAV

Hotspot@home technically offered only in Seattle/Dallas but you can get identical program by purchasing TMO router for $49.99. Router includes a sim card that then is programed for H@H. Actually monthly service is now back down to $9.99

Now the kicker - if you try to user internationally, you will be able to connect using wifi but TMO will check the IP address and if it is not a US IP, you will be charged for roaming and no free UMA calls