FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:45 pm
Totoro

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
an updated review

Not seeing a recent review, I bumped this thread to provide more recent feedback. I stayed at the Crystal City Sheraton on a Friday evening a week ago.

At check-in, I requested and received a Club Level room. The room was only about 2/3 the size of the Sheraton National Club Level room, but everything was standard Sheraton issue. I've stayed at Sheratons that offer soft drinks in the Lounge, but the Crystal City Sheraton Lounge had only one bottle of Sierra Mist in the refrigerator. The fruit basket had a few pieces of fruit (oranges, pears and apples).

I booked an inclusive breakfast, and the buffet offered the usual scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon along with continental breakfast items.

The gym had the usual cardio machines (elliptical trainer, treadmill, bicycle), resistance trainers and an assortment of free weights. The ventilation system was not working on Sat morning, so the gym became stifling after 20 minutes of exercise. At check-out, I forgot to mention this, but certainly someone after me will!

I intended to look at their rooftop swimming pool but deferred with the rainy weather.

The Crystal City Metro station is less than 1-block walking distance. Of the DC area Starwood properties that I've stayed at, this is by far the most convenient location to the Metro.

Overall, I had a decent experience and would not object to staying here again. If proximity to Metro is of less concern, I would favor the Sheraton National.