FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help – adding more pages to US Passport
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:58 pm
UAL Traveler

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Originally Posted by wcaldog
Since I can't undo this, any advice or word of comfort would be greatly appreciated.
You will most likely receive your pp on time. However, as a backup, you may want to schedule an appointment with your local pp agency for a couple of days before your trip. In the very off chance your pp does not arrive by then, simply apply for a new pp. You will explain the circumstances, pay the expediting fee, and receive a second pp, most likely with a two-year validity, but with an endorsement that would read something like
This Passport expires on xxx, yy, 2010. It may be extended upon authorization of the Department of State.
which is written in one of my two-year continuing passports. I would assume State would let you keep your first pp when it comes in the mail, and it would be your option to simply let the second expire after two years, or attempt to renew it.

IME, State is very flexible with passports, and sympathetic to last minute travelers, when you deal with them in person.

Best of luck... I'm sure things will work out well for you.

UAL Traveler