FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help – adding more pages to US Passport
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:44 pm
wcaldog

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I recently had extra pages put in a the LA Passport Office. I paid for the expedited service -- $60 I think but it could have been $40. I made an appointment (very important!) for Thursday and the passport was ready by Tuesday, just went back to pick it up. A year or so ago (before the big rush got going) a friend sent his off to have pages added and it took well over a month. May be worse now.

As was mentioned above, the inserted pages are lettered. They are the color and style of new passports and so don't match my 5 year old passport. When I used it the first time in DUS it got some close looks and a few questions, but no hassles.
I feel a little less concerned after reading that a few of you that mailed your passports received them back very quickly so THANK YOU for writing in this forum. However, this one post makes me a bit worried. Did you all send it to the Philadelphia address? I sent my passport last Saturday, April 12 by requesting regular service instead of expedited service because I thought I was not going to travel until November. HOWEVER, I may have to go to China for work on May 21. I called today and they told me that they had received my application but has not processed it yet and won't be able to tell me when I will get it. I also read from a posting that they had included a prepaid Fedex envelope? I ddin't include any prepaid return envelope. Is it necessary?

Can someone please tell me how long I should expect to wait? What if it hasn't arrived the week before May 21? Anything I can do without cancelling my trip? If I get it the week before, that would be 5 weeks that they have. Is that sufficient time for them to add pages and send back via regular mail?

I really regret doing it now especially since hearing from here that you can just go to the US embassy in foreign countries to get the pages added the same day. Since I can't undo this, any advice or word of comfort would be greatly appreciated.