FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a "Scalpers Area" at Busch Stadiun in STL?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:43 am
tfjim

Originally Posted by GregL
First of all, I think you meant to say that it's not legal to sell a ticket OVER face value. However, that's changed -- it's now legal to scalp sporting event tickets in Missouri.

The law was changed after the scandal following the 2006 World Series where STL police officers "confiscated" tickets being sold by scalpers and then gave them to their friends.

Greg
LOL, Greg, good catch. What I meant to type was; "it's NOW legal for anyone to sell tickets". But you are right to correct me, thanks. BTW, where are the "second of all"'s????

So that I don't seem to just be an opinion and nothing else, last night my brother, a friend and I went down to Busch Stadium to see the Brewers - Cardinals game. We had two tickets already and just need to buy a single to get in. Around 7:05pm, 10 minutes before first pitch, we were walking up past the Stadium West lot there were quite a few people selling tickets around, nobody seemed exactly willing to deal. If you tell them you're just looking for a "cheap single, doesn't matter where", the ticket sellers will yell to their buddies across the street. Most were looking for $15 but even though the Brewers are a division rival that is way too much. We just kept walking on. My brother and buddy decided to go stand in line at the ticket counter on the 3rd base side. I went to the 8th & Spruce corner on the bridge over the Metrolink station there were at least 5-8 guys selling tickets. I found one guy willing to go for $10 when someone else walked up who had extras ($50 field box tickets). Seeing the competition I offered up $6 for the ticket which the first guy promptly took.

Often, you will find people who are going into the game who have extra tickets to sell. They are good to try to find closer to the stadium. Also, the closer to first pitch the more sellers are willing to deal (obviously). If you can wait till 5-10 minutes after first pitch you can get anything for $5, $10 at worst.

Outside the stadium it looked like the crowd was substantial, but, in fact, the stadium wasn't even close to crowded.