FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:15 am
allenwales

Programs: AC-SE ; Starwood Platinum
Banyan Wing

For PHX_SOUS ... yes it was the Banyan Wing which is pretty big actually (6 floors) and we were given a "Junior" suite on the other side to the Courtyard + Banyan Tree, so overlooking Diamond Head's peak. Some of the photos that I saw on Flickr.com from the upper floors in the Tower looked like really impressive views as well but I didn't see the inside of those rooms, sorry. If you don't get the room you like (i.e. city view) I would recommend going to the desk and just asking, they upgraded the room our friends were in without much ado, regardless of the fact they were on a points stay.

I would say don't chicken out on the surfing lessons in Waikiki as it is so shallow and safe for beginners, much better than Maui. The coastal drive (east side of Oahu) from the North Shore back down to the hotel was pretty cool I thought, lots of quiet beaches + nice viewpoints.

My wife would undoubtedly say a) don't miss the Cold Stone Creamery (of which there are 2 on the same avenue, each about 3 blocks left/right from the hotel) ; b) don't miss the Cheesecake Factory ; and c) avoid Señor Frogs at all costs. None of these chains are in Canada so they were a novelty to us, I guess.

Enjoy your vacation!