FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You are the CEO of _____ Airlines.
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2002, 12:27 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:
Are you writing a magazine/newspaper story?</font>
No, I am simply a small business owner and a fellow veteran frequent flyer like everyone else here who does not like the drastic changes airlines are making towards us, their best customers.

The reason I started this is for some serious debate about what the ideal frequent flyer airline program would be. We could then take those ideas and apply them using real-world economics. I could not keep quiet any longer about the radical changes being made, so I felt that if the best of us could generate some innovative ideas and suggestions here together that provide for a win-win scenario for both the airlines and us frequent flyers, the airlines might actually listen. These ideas could also include improving other areas of the airlines' business that would assist in preserving or even improving our beloved frequent flyer programs.

One idea: If I were CEO, I would have a contest for all elite members to submit suggestions on how to improve profitability, and/or possibly how to improve the frequent flyer program. I would get my best customers involved, and just for participating, everyone would be rewarded with a nominal amount of miles. Big prize winners might win a year at a certain elite level, or unlimited first-class upgrades.

Speaking of unlimited first-class upgrades, I feel all elite levels should have unlimited first-class upgrades, with priority for the highest levels, of course. This concept seemed to work as I struggled my way up to the top of the elite ranks at CO. When I was at the lowest level, I had good chances of getting upgraded. I got upgraded almost all the time at the highest level.

Those are just two ideas of many that I have. Please keep in mind that any ideas I come up are merely ideas for others to improve.

I don't care how far out those ideas are. I learned that the best ideas are the ones where one comes up with the ultimate unrestricted fantastic idea, then backs up to become more realistic with the idea.

If we can have an area primarily for constructive suggestions and ideas instead of complaints, and we stick together as a large group, maybe the airlines will take us more seriously than their marketing departments.