FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Policy for Glasses Again? (For the Better)
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:35 am
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Yes and there was a thread a few months ago dedicated to that discovery. Starwood's response back then was to offer both real glasses and wrapped plastic cups.

My intention is to annouce the new improvement Starwood is apparently trying to do: wrapping real glasses, not to bring up the old issue. I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt.
The idea that the sealed plastic cups/glasses was going to be Starwood's policy on this forever was just a misguided perception propagated by a few folks who usually never have anything good to say about Starwood in general.

In fact, it was only a stop-gap policy so the corporate office could get a better grip on things. A new policy was developed for all Starwood properties over and above any brand considerations. If your property can comply, you can go back to issuing real glassware. If your property cannot, then you still need to adhere to the plasticware.

I'm sure that where you see both, management is simply trying to give the guest a personal choice in the matter.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]