FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The new USA passports are embarrassing.....
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:06 am
civicmon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Watchful
Though I clearly live in a red state (though maybe edging toward purple as time goes by), I am true blue myself.

That being said, maybe there is something wrong with me, as I don't see anything wrong with the passports. (Just got my new one a couple of months ago.)
Same, it's a passport. It gets opened, it gets stamped. Unless you're going to some really far off country and trying to get a visa in that country for another one, everyone who matters will have seen the passport before you submit it.

It sure beats the bland white pages that some other country's passports have.

Originally Posted by peachfront
I actually think they look terrific -- much better with the digitized photo a real part of the book instead of looking like some random glued in. And I liked the new design also. The only thing that made me sad was the last page being the moon landing. That was in 1969! It makes me sad to think that America has no more recent "Glory Days" to boast of.
It's really just geographical/landscape scenes vs. historical items. I think the moon one is one of the only ones that boast of an achievement. Most of the other pics are of the plains, palm trees, rockies etc. but a couple are historical sites.