FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HON - minor musings...
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:49 am
SleepOverGreenland

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by JNBHEL
Don't know if it's just me, but I somewhat have the impression that HON is slipping...
Somehow I am wondering...

JNBHEL

Had two flights recently (intra-Europe) and since the load was light asked for seat blocking. Ended up in both cases with a fellow traveller next to me. In the first case we were the only ones in C, in the second case I moved to the rows way back, which were all empty.
>>> I was told once, that seat blocking is an IT thing and can not be requested by any human. If so, we are dealing with the IT guys, so what do you expect?
Can not really comment, if it works or not, since most of my flights are at prime times and fully loaded anyway. However, I have a free seat next to me now and then.

Apron position yesterday evening in FRA. No car. Not that I mind, but it would have been handy this time as I wanted to meet up with somebody at the FCT... 20 minute sightseeing instead and drop-off at Schengen B with another 20 minutes for the transit to the FCT.
>>> So far I had only one failed car service, means they forgot my name on the sign. I did show the driver my card and was entitled to enter the van. Other than that I could even arrange upon FRA departure for a companion (when travelling with me) for the expected arrival pick-up. Worked like a charme so far. I was never unloaded at Schengen B, always Schengen A or Non-Schengen B.

Often get called in the FCT in the last minute and am then expected to jump on immediate notice
>>> Never had that. Sometimes it is vice versa and they call to early, but in 8 of 10 cases the timing is okay.

Seat reservations seem to go all over the place, profile doesn't seem to be consultated any longer
>>> Can not comment on that, since my requests depend on aircraft type and time of day. So I always book the seats individually.

Somehow the attention seems to slip and the service seems to be more and more casual...
>>> I had the same impression last year, but somehow thought that service improved back to expectation since late last year.

On board is a hit and miss... Can be very nice and attentive and can be completely ignorant.
>>> Agreed for the short jumps, but I don't care and prefer they do their service rather than holding small-talk with a few.