FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:58 am
JohnDunn

I checked in Saturday evening around 5:30pm. Being that I was somewhat familiar with the area (I used to work near there about 5 years ago) I opted to go on the cheap and park in one of the neighboring garages instead of incur the ~$18 per night Valet charge. The garage over by the TGI Friday's, about a block away is free Saturday after 6pm until Monday morning. It worked out well for my stay.

As for the hotel itself. The room was nice and clean and check-in took about 90 seconds. I am a Preferred Guest and received a 10th floor room with a nice view but nothing special. The bed was comfortable and I had not complaints. The TV was very nice. Downgrade for having such a nice LG with no HD.

My only complaint was the $5 for 10 minutes of internet which has already been outlined here. There was wi-fi but the signal was not very strong from my room so I didn't use it. It was $9.95 per 24 hours. I'd stay there again if I needed a hotel in the area. With AAA rate my room was $130. I noticed during the week the rates are $200+