FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our Esteemed BDO's Blog a Comment!
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:07 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Our Esteemed BDO's Blog a Comment!

Feel inspired and safer now?

Anonymous ~MSP BDO~ said...

To Anonymous who said, "Since when is acting or looking weird a crime in this country?"

First of all the behavior detection program isn't based off how someone "looks" as you stated above, it is based around the behaviors that a person exhibits. Second "acting weird" isn't a crime. This person in Orlando was not arrested just because of the behaviors that he was exhibiting. BDO's identify POTENTIALLY dangerous passengers that might be a risk to aviation and notifies the appropriate law enforcement officials.

"Or probably cause to being to searched? I'm not convinced that acting shifty is enough."

When a passenger submits to screening be either placing bags on the conveyor belt at a checkpoint, walking through a metal detector at a checkpoint, or handing your checked bags to either a ticket agent or TSA officer, your person or property can now be searched for any reason, there is no probable cause needed, just so you are aware!

“We should be able to travel anonymously without worrying that our personality quirks are going to get us strip searched on the curb."

Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning, I needed it. Travel anonymously, why? What is it that you have to hide? And Please do not believe that someone’s “personality quirks” would get them or you strip searched on the curb.
Go back to the blog about BDO officers or visit the TSA website to read about the program and how it works because you are seriously misinformed. The BDO program gets a lot of criticism, but one thing that nobody can argue is that IT WORKS!

To the TSA/BDO crew down in Orlando, good job!! I love seeing the program I believe in so much be implemented exactly the way it’s supposed to, and in doing so providing that addition layer of protection to the public, and critics alike! GREAT GREAT JOB!!!

April 2, 2008 11:30 AM
All Comments