FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I won't be flying F9 too much anymore :(
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:02 am
annerj
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daze
The OP proves that, in spite of all the grinding of our collective teeth on FT, and the carriers financial hemmoraging, the airlines are correct in their assessment of the situation.

No matter what status and benefits are offered, and no matter if one airlines planes are SOOOOO much nicer than the others, the LOWEST FARE gets the business.
PArtially correct. But its UALs dash 8 that is sooo much nicer then the beach 1900. So better plane at a lower cost = me changing carriers!

There are actually a few more factors. I was using a frontier card until I found out that you cannot book award travel out of RKS on them....on United no problem.

If Great lakes has irregular ops people who were code sharing with United got a nice little phone call....Frontier people got nothing (you can't even check the status of the code share flight on their website....you can with United).

For those reasons above I'll fly UAL and even pay a little more (up to $100 is company policy) over Frontier if the trip is important.