FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Air Travel affected by my arrest warrant?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:49 am
bankingconsultant

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Dresden
The more important issue is that your license may be suspended by your state upon notification by PA that you have an unpaid ticket. That means that you will be driving under suspension until the ticket is paid and warrant quashed. You will have to apply for reinstatement in your home state, file an SR-22 and tell your insurance company that your license has been suspended.
Been there, done that, with the state of NC suspending my license for a speeding ticket that I got in WV. Of course, I didn't realize that this was even possible until I got the suspension letter from NC five months after I paid the ticket. Lesson learned - regardless of what it might cost, if the offense is one that would get your license suspended in your home state, be prepared to take it to court in the jurisdiction where the offense allegedly occurred.

And yes, it really jumps your insurance rates, and not to mention in NC at the time there was no such thing as "occupational privileges" for a DMV suspension...so just get it fixed before you cause yourself any mroe consternation.