FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Air Travel affected by my arrest warrant?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:05 pm
TMOliver

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
PTravel is conveying relatievly straight "skiiny". I would worry far less about TSA than about any of many local LEAs....

First, the "bench" warrant out for your arrest is not for speeding, but for failure to appear, just as if you had jumped bail and fled.

I sho' would be careful traveling in the Common Wobblies of Pennsylvania, where you are a "fugitive on the run".

Auto travel would scare me more than flying, for all it takes is an accident or a simple stop for a defective tailight, and it's 'cuffs anda trip to the local calaboose, athough whether or not bench warrants are transmitted to the NCIC for access by all jurisdictions is subject to question. Obviously, the QuakerStaters are unlikely to extradite you from Arizona, but next door New Jersey? Who knows?

One thing of which you may be entirely sure. This speeding ticket is going to cost you a great deal more than (a) you bargained for, and (b) more than would it have cost to enter aplea by phone or mail and send a check.

.....Better to fork over the cash than to risk a weekend of soy loaf or baloney sammitches at the Greybar Hotel in Altoona.