FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloha Airlines Ceases All Passenger Operations Beginning April 1, 2008
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:31 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
If I had listened to cblaisd maybe I'd have that interisland ticket I wanted to book on WP using my AQ miles. On the phone with AlohaPass right now, but I don't think I'll ever get through.

Originally Posted by loboclone
Who is he refering to as unfair competition?
go! for allegedly using proprietary information. Read more about it here:
http://www.alohaairlines.com/about/p...ode=show&ak=27

HONOLULU– In a suit filed today by Aloha Airlines, Inc., and Aloha Airgroup, Inc., in state Circuit Court, Aloha said Mesa Air Group, Inc., received confidential information as a potential investor in Aloha and used it improperly to enter Hawaii’s inter-island market with intent to drive Aloha out of business.

Aloha alleges in its suit that Mesa used Aloha’s proprietary information to unethically compete in the Hawaii market by offering air fares that failed to cover Mesa’s costs. Mesa’s Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Ornstein has stated more than once that Mesa’s Go! can “fly empty” for five years with the profits from Mesa’s Mainland operations. This indicates that Mesa is not covering its costs and is ultimately motivated to offer unrealistic fares with intent to drive out competition from the Hawaii market.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 30, 2008 at 8:52 pm