FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:34 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Not sure, but the "limited" makes me think its smaller, not sure or not... but it does sound fancy... especially remote start! (Great for those subzero mornings)
Does it do satellite radio? If not, do any vehicles have it in AK, and does it work? (Just curious)
And as doog said, the 6 month wait is great, due to the mixup the economy is in. Thankfully in AK it seems stronger then most.
Yes, it has satellite radio (Sirius). I've only been able to pick it up in sporadic locations and when the car is pointed in a certain direction. It's certainly not reliable. I've heard XM is slightly better up here due to different satellite positioning.

As far as the economy, I keep hearing that it's in shambles, but I haven't noticed it. Business is up even now, bookings are up for the summer season, tour contractors are booking more than last year (and they're mostly domestic tourists, although we expect more foreign tourists this year due to the dollar). Maybe it's because our economy is based on natural resources, and that fluctuates a lot less than jobs in the commercial and industrial/manufacturing sectors...