FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2008, 3:00 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
Ouch.

I think you're referring to what is known as comprehensive/collision coverage. He probably had liability only (especially if he's a poor college student trying to save money on his insurance premium...).
I think you are correct about the insurance. His is with GEICO and parents with State Farm. For his parents to upgrade (He's an authorized driver on theirs) for the minimum of 6 months would cost 1K for him to have collision. Since he's 19 they would not let him rent from Enterprise (basically a loaner car paid for by insurance) unless he had collision, so he's stuck w/o a car for a week until the jeep is fixed. He attends UIdaho but has a class at WSU, so commutes between them to make all his classes in a day, now he'll be taking the bus and missing one at UI. Oh well...

Originally Posted by jackal
Any thoughts?
Not sure, but the "limited" makes me think its smaller, not sure or not... but it does sound fancy... especially remote start! (Great for those subzero mornings)
Does it do satellite radio? If not, do any vehicles have it in AK, and does it work? (Just curious)
And as doog said, the 6 month wait is great, due to the mixup the economy is in. Thankfully in AK it seems stronger then most.