FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pittsburgh, PA
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:33 pm
IrieDame

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Oh my...oh my...sophiegirl be prepared for a lovely stay...I am only here for about 18 hours and wish I could extend my stay...from the moment I came out of the cab and was greated by the attentive attendants to walking up to the front desk. The check in clerk said a very special welcome and when she saw what room I was assigned, she said, you will love your room. That is the type of welcome I like..now I am paying well over $300 tonight for this room so hoped for a nice one. Then I got up to my high floor, not the one with the concierge room although I will go up there and I never go to concierge lounges but the way the front desk clerk described the offerings, I at least have to go and look. Now for the room....I have a corner room so although it is not a suite it is elongated...you walk in and to the immediate left is the desk and bed to the right and then the other corner is a living room area....many windows on two walls...I look out at PNC stadium and then the football stadium at the other end. The decor is stunning, the drapes and wallpaper very classy and tasteful. The bathroom is well appointed with a large window looking out at PNC also. I am very impressed....now I am room service person so will not be venturing out so can only tell you about the room and then later the concierge lounge...but this hotel goes to my top 5 in North America...and it is sunny today in Pittsburgh so with the windows ipen quite a nice view. I also learned after taking a taxi here from the airport that they have a shuttle...I did not even think to ask that as they are so far away...another nice touch!!!