FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:04 pm
SaigonCyclo

Originally Posted by socalplat
I live in SD and am familiar with this hotel. It is located just off Interstate 5 at the Cannon Road exit. The hotel is built on property that used to be farmland. Surrounding area includes Carlsbad outlet mall, low key corporate area, 5 min from beach and right next to Legoland. I would recommend restaurants in downtown Carlsbad one exit south, west on Carlsbad Village Dr. Lots of great places on or near PCH.
Perhaps you can get there off of Cannon (haven't tried), but when I drove by on the way to the Crossing's Golf Club, there was an entrance off of Palomar Airport Road as well (The Crossings Drive). You can see the beach in 5 minutes, but to actually be at the beach will be more like 15 minutes. Location is definitely quite good (although you're right in the take-off path for Carlsbad/Palomar Airport). Guessing they have good sound proof windows there.

Downtown Carlsbad (Carlsbad Village exit) is 2 exits North from Cannon. Tamarack is the next exit after Cannon. As mentioned above, quite a few good restaurants there to chose from. Some of the best beer anywhere can be found at The Pizza Port (good pizza too!).